Fitton, Mary

Birth Name Fitton, Mary 1a 2a
Also Known As Ravenscroft, Mary 3a 3b 4a 5a 4b 3c 5b 3d 4c 6a 7a
Gender female
Age at Death about 49 years, 2 months, 20 days


Mary probably added 5 years onto her age when she got married, as she was only 17.


Event Date Place Description Sources
Birth about 1792   (if 25 years older than daughter Hannah) 8a
Birth between 1796 and 1797     7b
Residence 24 Feb 1829 Salford, Lancashire, England   4d 3e
Residence 1830 King Street corner with Broughton Street (The St Luke Tavern), Salford, Lancashire, England   9a
Residence 31 Aug 1830 King Street, Salford, Lancashire, England   6b
Burial 21 Mar 1841 St Johns, Deansgate, Manchester, Lancashire, England   7c
Death 21 Mar 1841   Age: 44 (Widow) 7d
Residence 21 Mar 1841 Salford, Lancashire, England   7e


Family of Ravenscroft, Jonathan and Fitton, Mary

Married Husband Ravenscroft, Jonathan ( * about 1792 + 1839 )
Event Date Place Description Sources
Marriage 18 May 1815 Cathedral, Manchester, Lancashire, England   2b 1b
Name Birth Date Death Date
Ravenscroft, Hannahabout May 1817
Ravenscroft, Elizabethbetween 1823 and 1828
Ravenscroft, Sarahbetween 1823 and 1828
Ravenscroft, Marybetween 1828 and 1833
Ravenscroft, Jonathan18291830
Ravenscroft, Jonathan24 Jul 1833

Source References

  1. Lancashire, England, Church of England Marriages and Banns, 1754-1936
  2. England, Select Marriages, 1538–1973
  3. Manchester, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1901 (Cathedral)
  4. Lancashire, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1911
  5. England, Select Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
  6. Manchester, England, Church of England Deaths and Burials, 1813-1985
  7. Lancashire, England, Church of England Deaths and Burials, 1813-1986
  8. Manchester, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1930
  9. Pubs of Manchester - Past and Present
      • Source text:

        St Lukes Tavern, King Street, Salford. (c) Neil Richardson [1].

        A few dozen yards before West King Street meets St Stephen Street in Salford today, the original King Street used to meet up with the lost Broughton Street. Here, the Bee Hive beerhouse opened on the north side in 1821 but it was soon renamed St Lukes Tavern when the new landlord moved from a pub of the same name on Long Millgate, Manchester. Mild and bitter were offered along with French brandy, Islay whiskey and "Best Old Port from the wood". Threlfalls took over the St Lukes Tavern in the late 1800s - it's pictured in Neil Richardson's book in the 1920s - and the pub stood until it was victim of the first St Mattias clearance in 1954 [1]. The Canon Green Court flats sit here today.

      • Citation: